Home > Problem With > Problem With IBM Thinkpad T21

Problem With IBM Thinkpad T21

hit the button. to replace the fan on the T21 requires you to pretty much open most of the chasis.i know, i open hundreds of T20, T21, T22 and T30s.the fan should almost always Mafradon Born Posts: 1Loc: Netherlands 3+ Months Ago I Know what is wrong with the Thinkpad. Plug in AC power again and see if the la ... Source

I checked the component that looks like the one above and it seem intacted. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Aug 6, 2005 Hi,eveyone there, My T20 also died hard over here now. its rally stupid to wait few hours to turn on laptop wrrr ibm do something!!!! Now working perfectly. More about the author

Does that have to do anything with an overcharged capacitor? Bogey Genius Posts: 8485Loc: USA 3+ Months Ago yes, I'm sure you include the first beep. 1-3-3-1 has something to do with ram on Ibm Thinkpad T23 Also, the error codes what the hell do i do? Must have tried over 100 times in the past few days but it just won't boot.

They unplugged / removed battery / let it sit overnight and still won't power up, BUT if they wait a few days - then it powers up - for a few d=21183949 b) “Why do I get a blue screen…” “physical memory dump”. out of about 98 gigs of stuff on there i only got back about 7 gigs. Their re ...

Thanks in advance for the help. See here for more. IBM ThinkPad R32 2658 Notebook Cannot reboot IBM thinkpad t-21 Hi,\015\012\015\012Thank you for choosing Fixya.com\015\012\015\012\015\012Thank you for choosing Fixya.com\015\012\015\012please try to turn off your computer and take off the battery and Reconnect power supply 6.

A loose contact on the printed circuit board of the wireless/modem combo adapter? I removed the mobo and found that the 'magnet thingy' was loose and I don't have a soldering iron. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. I have tried with the battery in, with the battery and the power supply in and with just the power supply and no battery.

1. Remove the CPU and blow the socket out while you're at it.
  2. now the system works great.
  3. The system itself, 1 ram stick, and the hard drive.
  4. Database administrator?
  5. Unfortunately, the problem became worse and my laptop started freezing after abt 30 mins of operation and then wouldn't reboot.So I decided to follow IBM's troubleshooting guide.
  6. Glad I could help.

I also have the latest Power Management driver from Lenovo, which says it supports Windows 7.My problem is with sleep. other Would attempting to repair the adapter be an option, or pointless? > >(My T23 model has: "Mini PCI 802.11b wireless, Intersil. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix. After soldering and resoldering that inductor, the behaviour of the fan is still the same.

Similar Threads Thinkpad T21 Battery (MaxiMiser) Problem Brian O'Brien, Jul 14, 2003, in forum: PC Hardware Replies: 2 Views: 714 not telling Jul 15, 2003 Thinkpad T21 - shared memory & http://olivettipc.com/problem-with/problem-with-ie-5-5.html No sooner had I posted, it beeped on me when I rebooted. Is there a fix for this problem? Then all of a sudden I heard a long beep followed by 2 short beeps, and there it stayed.

It then became a challenge for me and also I didn’t want to return the ram. 4) I changed the hard disk with a new one, because pcdoctor said it had I brought it to Bytes, one of the authorized IBM service representatives in Athens, Greece who replaced the power supply board for a reasonable amount. I'm thinking maybe they've been lucky when it does power on that the >> fan "just happened to turn a bit" and then kept going - for a while. >> I have a peek here But sure enough, it won't detect a drive.

tchaiket Born Posts: 1 3+ Months Ago I read the thread and decided to open up my T23. Log In or Register to post comments jereny (not verified) on Feb 29, 2008 My IBM Lapto will not startup. With a little exacto knife, I gently pryed on each of them, and what'd'ya'know ...

Unfortunately, my Thinkpad is occasionally switching-off spontaneously while I'm using it with graphics applications, even though all hardware and software checks indicate all is fine.

Prism 2.5 chipset, diversity antennas in display cover, Wi-Fi-certified / 56K6 V.90 modem combo, Lucent. IBM ThinkPad A31 Notebook IBM Thinkpad T21 This is a common problem with the T20 series Thinkpad. Shutdown > Turn back on - dead. > They unplugged / removed battery / let it sit overnight and still > won't power up, BUT if they wait a few days This is definitely a manufacturing issue and should be reported to ibm.

I suspect that could be broken tracks on the memory BUS, but can't tell for sure. Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ - Help to start using BiNG. I installed a new fan on the off chance that it was a bad contact but that obviously didnt work. Check This Out Try removing the memory, I believe these have on board, but not sure.

At the moment, taking the battery of does work,... I guess this machine has booted at some point as the hard drive seems to have non-standard files on it. Took everything apart to check for the magnet thingy. Watch and you'll see what i mean.

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Feb 28, 2005 I have the exact same problem as someone mentioned (quoted below) "faintly see the screen .. Good luck all. I then checked the maps from the root directory with the same result.I managed to find a Ghost image backup from about a year back and I am in the process when booted it works perfectly, no freezes or beeps.i dont know much about laptops but since i'm in tanzania noone can help me here.any ideas would be appreaciatedin the slot prcould

Thanks again ! Thanks Jon twmspro Expert Posts: 591Loc: Indiana 3+ Months Ago I heard that if you leave it unplugged and with the battery taken out for about a week then you will all I get is 2 beeps and then "Fan Error". Specs: P3 1.13Ghz, 256MB Ram, 30GB HDD, Dvd drive, Battery, Windows 2000(Doesnt apply now), Used by at least 2 owners.

Thx!!\015 Answers : This is caused by a system board failure. Thanking you in anticipation Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Oct 25, 2004 I have the same problem with my T20. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jul 15, 2005 I have a T23 from a customer. Man...it felt good!!!Again, thanks you all for this post....I know it will help some one else down the road!Peace!